- 1/2 pound of ground sirloin or veal
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- Carrots sliced to your taste and your preference as to the amount you put in.
- 10 cups of chicken broth (I cook a whole chicken and use the broth and add canned broth to make up the 10 cups and then use the chicken in the soup
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup of crumbled garlic croutons
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 tbsp Italian seasonings
- 1/4 tsp salt
Mix all together and roll into very small meatballs. Fry in oil until browned. Put aside until broth is ready. Add to the broth with the chicken and carrots.
Simmer for at least an hour until the carrots are tender
Shortly before serving add either Escarole or Spinach (I use spinach in my soup).
Serve with Parmesan Cheese sprinkled on the top.
You can also add a small amount of pasta if you want
Copyright Suzanne's Cookbook 2021 | email@example.com