- 1 medium eggplant (about 7-inches)
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sesame tahini
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- black pepper and cayenne, to taste
- olive oil for garnish
- freshly minced parsley for garnish
Category : Appetizers|
Rating : 0
Contributor : suz
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
2. Prick Eggplant with a fork and place it on the baking sheet. Bake
for 30 minutes or until very tender. Cool until it's comfortable to
3. Scoop out the eggplant pulp, and discard the skin. Place the pulp
in a food processor or blender, and add the garlic, lemon juice,
tahini, cumin, and salt. Puree until smooth.
4. Transfer to an attractive serving dish, cover tightly, and chill.
Drizzle the top with a little olive oil and sprinkle with minced
parsley just before serving.