- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio or regular long-grain white rice
- 3 1/2 cups Progresso™ beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
Category : Meat/Poultry|
Rating : 5
Contributor : n/a
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef, onion, garlic and pepper over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain if desired. Stir in rice; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Stir in broth; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
Stir in carrot. Cook uncovered 5 to 7 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed.
Remove skillet from heat. Stir in cheese. Cover; let stand 3 minutes. Sprinkle with chives.