- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- 3 tablespoons lightly toasted and coarsely chopped pecans, for garnish (optional)
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (see note)
- 2/3 cup granulated splenda
Category : Desserts|
Rating : 5
Contributor : suz
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Spray an 8”x 3”-deep cake pan with vegetable cooking spray. Line bottom with a round of parchment or wax paper; spray paper; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin purée, sugar substitute, vanilla, cinnamon and ginger; beat until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, just until combined.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan. Place cake pan in a deep roasting pan and carefully pour in enough boiling water in roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of cake pan. Bake 42 to 45 minutes, until cake is just set in center. Turn off oven, open door and let stand in oven 15 minutes. Remove cake pan from water bath and transfer to a wire rack; cool completely. Run a knife around edge of cake, cover and refrigerate until chilled (4 hours or overnight).
4. To remove cake from pan, dip bottom of pan into hot water for just a few seconds to loosen. Place serving platter over top and invert. Remove pan and peel off paper. Garnish with mint and pecans, if desired.
5. Note: Use pure pumpkin purée, not pumpkin pie mix, which is sweetened with sugar
I like to make a crust out of finely chopped nuts, melted butter & a sprinkle of splenda