- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tblsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 lb trimmed beef tenderloin
- 1 tblsp whole black peppercorns
- 1 tblsp whole white peppercorns
- 2 tblsp whole green peppercorns
Category : Grill It!|
Rating : 0
Contributor : suz
1. Preheat grill to 400.
2. Coarsely crack peppercorns
3. Rub roast with oil, sprinkle with salt and coat with the cracked peppercorns.*(see below)
4. If using a gas grill, turn off one burner (leaving 1-2 burners lit, depending on your grill). If using a charcoal grill, move the coals to one side. Place the tenderloin on the unheated side of the grill. Close lid and roast undisturbed for 20 minutes.
5. Rotate the tenderloin 180 degrees, cover and continue roasting until thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 140 - 15-30 minutes more.
6. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
* I used my favorite beef rub rather than the peppercorns but cooked it in the same manner and it came out wonderful.
This recipe is from my new favorite magazine - Eating Well